Visit Always There Staffing
3131 First Ave Suite B; Hibbing, MN 55746
2522 Hannah Ave NW; Bemidji, MN 56601
Grand Rapids Location:
Mon to Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday Closed
Always There Staffing also offers:
Instant Read Drug Screens
DOT and Non-DOT Drug Screens
Breath Alcohol Testing
(Bemidji and Hibbing locations only)
Use Always There Staffing for
Reasonable suspicion testing
No appointment necessary during regular business hours.
Call 218-444-6533 Bemidji
or 218-440-1022 Hibbing
to schedule a test after hours.
It is the responsibility of every employee to insure a safe work environment. All employees share the responsibility to insure at the end of the day we return home safely to our families. Our safe work environment value surpasses all other responsibilities.
• Safety – conduct all activities in a safe manner, utilizing PPE and adhering to company policy and alerting others regarding potential concerns. Safety is # 1.
• Disassemble, clean, inspect, rebuild and check components for quality control.
• Check tolerance, dimensions and specifications by using precision instruments, such as outside/inside micrometers, spring gauges (inside/outside), telescoping gauges, etc.
• Determines components specifications (tolerances, thickness, lengths, etc.) by measuring tolerance and comparing to blueprints, drawings, component identifications and parts breakdown, etc.
• Inspect torn-down components to identify defects and flaws
• List and identify action items that need to be taken.
• Summarize specific steps that need to be performed to rebuild the product.
• Move components by operating overhead cranes, jib hoists and pallet jacks, forklifts, boom truck etc.
• Assemble components by using specialized tools such as drills, presses, impacts, torque wrenches, etc.
• Clean parts by chemical or mechanical methods (i.e. parts washer, rags, wire wheels, etc.) to remove excess dirt/debris
• Establish clearances, torque values, lengths, etc. by performing mathematical calculations
• Ensure precision equipment is maintained by following scheduled maintenance plan, keeping tools clean, calibrating and placing in secure locations
• Must maintain a good attendance record and maintain the highest professional conduct.
• Assist with crane/boom truck rigging jobs as requested.
• Assist or perform maintenance on shop equipment or vehicles.
• Perform more duties as assigned by shop supervisor or crew leader.
Position will not be required to make decisions that will directly impact the department.
Position requires collaboration with department managers and current/potential customers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, feel with their hands, reach and handle materials weighing up to 10 pounds. The employee will frequently need to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, walk and handle materials weighing 10-20 pounds. On occasion the employee will need to handle materials weighing 20-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include; close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving objects (materials handled and transported throughout the plant via cranes, fork trucks and other employees). The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is also frequently exposed to sharp and abrasive edges which may result in scrapes, cuts and bruises. The employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Pay depends on qualifications.
Education Required: Vocational School Diploma/Certificate
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
At least two years’ vocational school in mechanical or maintenance field
Previous experience in heavy equipment repair; mechanical aptitude, and basic understanding of precision measuring tools is a must
Read and interpret blueprints
Ability to lift up to 50#
Must be able to pass respirator fit test and pulmonary function testing
At least 3 years mechanical work experience preferred.